Friday, July 15, 2011

Finished the Text of Nature of Religion !

I wanted to share this with all of you.
This morning, I finished reformatting the text for my book, Nature of Religion.
I've been working on it, one way or another, since 2005. This is the final version - ended up being 253 pages, with 244 illustrations (most of them rather macabre).
I still have to finish redoing the index, table of contents, illustration credits, etc. - the book will probably end up being 300 pages or so, and I've got another week or two's worth of work to be truly done, but I feel great right now - a real sense of accomplishment.
Took me about a month and a half to get it from a typewritten MS, scanned into a crappy-looking pdf, into pro publishing software called Scribus, then a separate job of merging in text with all those images.
WHEW !
But I am one happy camper at the moment - hence my choice of Triumph for a vid.
Fight the good fight - and (sometimes) you win !
;)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Writing a whole book is a major accomplishment. Now you have a manifesto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ! I'll make sure to send you guys the ebook when it's ready (about two more weeks or so).
    I think you'll like it - I really focus on the horror and madness of religions through the ages - gory stuff !
    And never dull !

    ReplyDelete