Saturday, September 24, 2011

Really, Truly, Honestly, Finished With NoR !

Yesterday my book Nature of religion went off to the printers.
All the corrections are done; the cover art was finished, the pdf cleaned up, etc etc.
It's finally done.
Of course, there's still the matter of making an e-book out of it, but that's not a big deal - just have to hire people to do it.
And so - something I've worked towards for over 6 years has come to pass.
Sorry about those whiny posts earlier - I've had tremendous luck over the last few months, but I've also been on a kind of emotional rollercoaster, as any regular reader of this blog knows, I'm sure.
That's why I chose Oasis for the accompanying music to this post. Wonderwall is a painful, wistful song. And though it marked the peak of success for Oasis, that success was bittersweet. I can relate.
Like the song says, "...and all the roads that lead you there are winding. And all the lights that light the way are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how..."
I guess it's just that people are so fucking rotten to each other so often, ya' know? And there's not much anyone can do to change that sad, simple fact.
But I have no room to complain. Things are going my way, and i have a huge amount to be thankful for.
Thanks for visiting. I'll be putting up a pdf copy of the book for people to read on the website next week. I'll post one of those one-click links when it's up.
Meantime, take care, and be decent to someone - just for the hell of it.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment